- How does the YES Prep lottery work?
Applicants create an account and submit an application online. YES Prep runs a lottery once a year in February. After the lottery is run, students who are not selected are placed on a waiting list.
- When does the YES Prep lottery open and when does it close?
The lottery will open on November 1, 2016 and will close on February 10, 2017 for the 2016-2017 school year. If the deadline has passed, you may still submit an application to be placed on our waitlist.
- When will the YES Prep lottery be run?
The lottery will be run on February 17, 2017.
- How and when will I find out the YES Prep lottery results?
Lottery results will be available online on February 17, 2017 and will be mailed on February 24, 2017 to the address provided on the application.
- Will I receive notification even if my child didn’t get in?
All families submitting a lottery application will receive a letter stating whether or not their child was accepted by the lottery.
- Does it help my chances if I apply multiple times?
No. YES Prep accepts only one lottery entry per child. Duplicate entries are deleted prior to running the lottery.
- Does it cost money to attend YES Prep?
YES Prep is a free, open enrollment public school. We do not charge tuition to attend.
- Does YES Prep provide transportation for students?
If you live more than 2 miles away from your primary campus, YES Prep will provide transportation for your child to that particular campus. You will be notified whether you are in the primary zone or not when you apply for the lottery.
- What YES Prep campus should I list on my application as secondary choices? What happens if I left this blank because I didn’t know the closest one to me?
You can use the map to help you select other YES Prep schools that are your secondary choices. You do not need to pick secondary campuses if you are not interested in those.
- My student already attends YES Prep. Do I have to reapply each year?
No. Lottery applications are only for students outside the YES Prep district who desire to enter into YES Prep the following school year. Students who are currently attending YES Prep should not apply for the lottery as returning students are automatically enrolled into the subsequent school year.
- I have a child already attending YES Prep and I want to enroll their sibling. As a parent, do I have to submit an application for the sibling of my current YES Prep student?
Yes. Eligible siblings of current, existing students must apply into the lottery. Eligible sibling applicants are sibling applicants who share at least one biological parent or one legal guardian and who do not have a YES Prep expulsion on their school record.