YES Prep, along with four other public charter school networks, now offers a common application. The 2019-2020 lottery opens November 1, 2018 and closes February 8, 2019. For more information about the common application, and to submit an application, visit applyhouston.org.
To enter the YES Prep Public Schools lottery process, create an account and submit a YES Prep Public Schools application online. Parents or legal guardians can complete the online application on their own, or by visiting a YES Prep campus to use a campus-based computer if needed.
Please note that YES Prep Northbrook Middle School and YES Prep Northbrook High School, our schools in partnership with Spring Branch Independent School District, run a separate lottery. To apply online for YES Prep Northbrook campuses, click here.
YES Prep prioritizes the lottery for each school in the following ways:
- Children of eligible YES Prep employees
- Current YES Prep students with an approved transfer request
- Eligible sibling applicants (siblings who share at least one biological parent or one legal guardian with a current YES Prep student, and who do not have an active YES Prep expulsion on their school record)
- Applicants who reside in the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to
- Applicants who reside outside the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to but within the YES Prep district zone
- Applicants who reside outside the YES Prep district zone
The lottery occurs on February 15, 2019 and families can check their student's status online on February 22, 2019. This year, no letters will be mailed out, so please make sure you check the status of your application online on February 22.
If your child is not selected in the lottery process, they will be placed on a waitlist that follows the prioritization order stated above. If and when seats become available at your child’s primary campus, the campus will contact families in the ordered sequence from the waitlist. If your child is next on the waitlist, you will receive notification to offer your child the available seat.
If your child does receive acceptance to a YES Prep campus, and you would like to transfer them to a different YES Prep campus, you can submit a transfer application online and reach out to the Operations Manager of the campus they were originally accepted into to assess for transfer possibility. Transfer approval is based on seat availability at the campus you are hoping to move your child to.
If you miss the deadline to participate in the lottery, feel free to submit an application. You will be placed on our waitlist and be contacted if a seat becomes available.