Our first-generation, college-bound students often face a variety of challenges – academic, socio-emotional, cultural, financial or all of the above. They also follow many different paths on their way to a college degree. Our alumni team is dedicated to providing the support and access to resources our students need to be successful to, through and from college into a career.
Collective efforts and support services include:
- Transition programming and support (from senior year of high school through freshman year of college)
- Social media outreach and information sharing, email blasts, phone calls, site visits, and periodic mailings to maintain communication with alumni
- Financial planning meetings with families
- Organized alumni events throughout the year
- Formal collaboration with local universities to provide increased support
- IMPACT program support
- Alumni Success Team program
- Mentorship pairing within the community or college campus
- Individualized support for alumni returning to college
- Graduate school and career preparation events
- Webinars on financial aid, time management, and other pertinent topics
- Read more about our alumni support programs here.