YES Prep’s research demonstrates that roughly one-third of the graduating classes of 2013 matriculated to one of the following public institutions in the Houston area: University of Houston (UH), University of Houston-Downtown (UHD), and Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA). YES Prep’s graduating seniors are primarily first-generation, college-bound students, which introduces a unique set of challenges for these students as they enter college. In addition, an increasing number of our students are opting to enroll in college here in Texas. In an effort to combat these challenges and support this increasing number of alumni residing here in Houston, YES Prep has partnered with Texas institutions throughout the city.
The AST model consists of a combination of student touchpoints, transition support, and data sharing. To ensure these supports are available in college, YES Prep has entered into partnerships with a group of Texas public institutions in and surrounding Houston. The program objectives are as follows:
- Close the enrollment and graduation disparity for alumni attending The University of Houston, The University of Houston–Downtown, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Blinn College;
- Enhance engagement of alumni on college and university campuses through on-campus events and rigorous leadership development opportunities; and
- Build a direct link from college and university campuses to the overall Alumni Program in order to provide alumni with greater support and intervention
Since its inception in 2014, over 500 YES Prep alumni have graduated from or are currently enrolled in an Alumni Success Team Partner institution. In addition, YES Prep continues to enroll over 30% of its graduating classes to these partner institutions.
College & University Partners Include:
- University of Houston
- University of Houston-Downtown
- Stephen F. Austin State University
- Blinn College