How can I check in?
YES Prep families,
We want to make sure you are all safe and secure, and we also want to know if you have been displaced by Hurricane Harvey and need assistance. Please take a brief survey and let us know how you and your family are doing in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. If this is your first time logging in to SchoolMint, you can access your account by using the default password of yesprep_350!
YES Prep staff, please check in with your manager or School Director.
How can I share my story?
If you or your family has experienced hardship because of Hurricane Harvey, or if you have an incredible story of strength and compassion to share, please let us know by completing a short form. Did your neighbors donate dry clothes? Did a friend offer you a place to stay? Did a teacher or school administrator check on you? Tell us how our community came together in the midst of Harvey. We will collect stories and share them with our YES Prep community, so that we can stand together. Click the button at the top right to share.
How can I get help?
I need to:
- review the childcare, education, food, healthcare, housing, mental health, and vulnerable populations resources that Children-at-Risk has collected
- review the resources that the Greater Houston Community Foundation has collected
- find resources by zip code
- free meals at school in September
- a list of post-hurricane resources for undocumented families
- resources from the Office of New Americans and Immigrant Communities
- legal advice about FEMA and recovery resources for undocumented families: 1-800-504-7030
- apply for FEMA assistance (can also call 1-800-621-FEMA or apply in person at the locations below)
- Southwest Multi-Service Center 6400 High Star Dr Houston TX 77074
- Hiram Clarke Multi-Service Center 3810 W Fuqua St Houston TX 77045
- George R Brown Convention Center 1001 Avenida De Las Americas Houston TX 77010
- Magnolia Multi-Service Center 7037 Capitol St Houston TX 77011
- Denver Harbor Multi-Service Center 6402 Market St Houston TX 77020
- learn about disaster assistance for immigrants
- defer my student loan payment
- be rescued
- immediate resources about the flood
- school closure information
- Houston emergency alerts
- shelter information
- updated traffic information
- see the power outage tracker
- resources on supporting students that have experienced natural disasters
- stories of inspiration and hope
- stories of kindness
How can I help?
- To donate to the YES Prep Family Flood Relief Fund. Every single penny in this fund will directly support our families who have most severely impacted.
- To donate supplies to YES Prep families.
- To volunteer in shelters as a certified teacher.
- To support rescues with a boat.
- To donate to the Greater Houston Community Fund.
- To donate to the American Red Cross
- To volunteer with the American Red Cross.
- To donate blood.
- To donate to the Salvation Army.
- To offer my home to those in need.
- To donate to the Houston homeless.
- To donate to the Houston food bank.
- To donate money for diapers and formula.
- To donate money for food.
- To donate to the SPCA.
- To donate to the United Way of Houston Relief Fund.
- To donate to the Center for Disaster Philanthropy.
- To know how to help children after a natural disaster.
- To donate to the Greater Houston Community Foundation's Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.
Special thanks to YES Prep's Teaching Excellence Harvey Resource Page for compiling the resources above.