Below is a link to be able to find your students bus routes. All you have to do is select East End, the grade level of the students, and type in your address. After you do that, the screen below will show up:
This tells you what bus route is closest to your address. In the example above, Bus Route 6 should be used and the stop is at 74th st and Ave F.
High School Supply List
6th Grade Supply List
CaSE Criteria Grid - East End
YES Prep East End 2015-16 Federal Report Card
~~TEA A-F Parent Communication
We lead, connect, and achievement to close the gap between what’s probable and what’s possible for our students at YES Prep East End. Explorers continuously strive to be EXCELLENT at all we do, especially as leaders.
We have identified several areas where our campus culture is not yet excellent and we ask for your support in improving these areas. Please review this information for yourself and share the importance of following these expectations with your student. Improving these areas will keep East End a safe learning and working environment for ALL our students as we pursue our ambitious goal for each student to be College Ready.
Areas to Improve
- Trash outside
- shirts not tucked in
- wearing non-YES jackets
- Refusal to follow redirections and/or unkind responses to redirections
- Refusal to give adults anchors to mark behaviors
- Walking out of class without permission
We are committed to providing a safe working and learning environment for our students at all times, including before and after school.
Before School Policy
Thank you for ensuring that our students arrive to campus on time! If you are dropping off your child at school, please ensure that he/she is dropped off no earlier than 7:00 AM and no later than 7:40 AM on La Vaca. Morning duty for teachers begins at 7:20AM, and early morning duty begins in the Great Hall at 7:00 AM; Explorers on campus are not supervised if they are dropped off before 7:00 AM, and the Great Hall will not be open. In addition, dropping students off in the parking lot is unsafe and causes traffic congestion. Please only drop off students on La Vaca between 7:00 AM and 7:40 AM.
After School Policy
We have a strict policy regarding student presence after school.
- By 3:40 PM, ALL students are expected to be in a bus, in a car, walking home, in the Great Hall under adult supervision (where students who are waiting on a ride can stay until they are picked up), or under direct adult supervision (tutorials, athletics, service, trips, ACE, etc.).
- Any students not under the direct supervision of an adult MUST have a dated, time-stamped pass that is signed by a staff member.
- Students on campus wandering or otherwise hanging around without a pass or direct adult supervision after 3:40 PM will be immediately escorted by an adult to afterschool detention in the Great Hall. Refusal to comply of any sort (arguing, running away, disrespect, etc.) will result in an automatic Saturday Detention.
- Once escorted to the Great Hall, unsupervised students will be required to call their parents/guardians and cannot be picked up before 4:30 PM. Pick up from detention in advance of 4:30 PM will result in another afterschool detention.
- The detention will be logged and will count against student’s discipline record.
Students who are staying for tutorials or sports must be under the direct supervision of that teacher until they are picked up by their parent/guardian from the classroom or from practice. Students wandering the halls after such activities will be subject to the same disciplinary actions listed above.