Students and parents may access the following information from our Home Access Center:
•Grades (assignment grades, progress report grades, and report card grades)
•Attendance information (tardies, absences, etc.)
•Student Schedule information (which classes your student is scheduled into)
The website for the Home Access Center is: https://hac.yesprep.org/HomeAccess
YES Prep East End TEA Accountability Summary 2017
Parents and students:
Please be advised of the following attendance policies for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
• Students are required to attend school every day (this includes field trip days even if your student is not attending the field trip)
• Any student that enters campus after 7:45 a.m. will receive a (Detention after the 3rd TARDY)
• All tardy students should be dropped off at the front office to sign in and receive a tardy pass, failure to do so will result in a consequence.
• If your student is absent, notify the front office to confirm the absence and an excuse note must be turned in to the FRONT OFFICE within 24 hours upon their return
• Excuse notes will NOT be accepted after 48 hours
• If you need to sign your student out early, please be advised they will be marked absent for any classes they miss and an excuse note is required upon their return.
• Students are NOT permitted to call home to be picked up, they MUST be sent home by the Medical Assistant if they are sick to be counted as excused for the day.
Once your student receives 9 absences they are in danger of losing credit per state law and may be charged truancy fines allowed by the courts.
For questions regarding attendance please reach out to Ms. Salazar at Oneida.Salazar@yesprep.org or 713-967-7870
CaSE Criteria Grid - East End
YES Prep East End 2015-16 Federal Report Card
~~TEA A-F Parent Communication
We lead, connect, and achievement to close the gap between what’s probable and what’s possible for our students at YES Prep East End. Explorers continuously strive to be EXCELLENT at all we do, especially as leaders.
We have identified several areas where our campus culture is not yet excellent and we ask for your support in improving these areas. Please review this information for yourself and share the importance of following these expectations with your student. Improving these areas will keep East End a safe learning and working environment for ALL our students as we pursue our ambitious goal for each student to be College Ready.
Areas to Improve
- Trash outside
- shirts not tucked in
- wearing non-YES jackets
- Refusal to follow redirections and/or unkind responses to redirections
- Refusal to give adults anchors to mark behaviors
- Walking out of class without permission
We are committed to providing a safe working and learning environment for our students at all times, including before and after school.
Before School Policy
Thank you for ensuring that our students arrive to campus on time! If you are dropping off your child at school, please ensure that he/she is dropped off no earlier than 7:00 AM and no later than 7:40 AM on La Vaca. Morning duty for teachers begins at 7:20AM, and early morning duty begins in the Great Hall at 7:00 AM; Explorers on campus are not supervised if they are dropped off before 7:00 AM, and the Great Hall will not be open. In addition, dropping students off in the parking lot is unsafe and causes traffic congestion. Please only drop off students on La Vaca between 7:00 AM and 7:40 AM.
After School Policy
We have a strict policy regarding student presence after school.
- By 3:40 PM, ALL students are expected to be in a bus, in a car, walking home, in the Great Hall under adult supervision (where students who are waiting on a ride can stay until they are picked up), or under direct adult supervision (tutorials, athletics, service, trips, ACE, etc.).
- Any students not under the direct supervision of an adult MUST have a dated, time-stamped pass that is signed by a staff member.
- Students on campus wandering or otherwise hanging around without a pass or direct adult supervision after 3:40 PM will be immediately escorted by an adult to afterschool detention in the Great Hall. Refusal to comply of any sort (arguing, running away, disrespect, etc.) will result in an automatic Saturday Detention.
- Once escorted to the Great Hall, unsupervised students will be required to call their parents/guardians and cannot be picked up before 4:30 PM. Pick up from detention in advance of 4:30 PM will result in another afterschool detention.
- The detention will be logged and will count against student’s discipline record.
Students who are staying for tutorials or sports must be under the direct supervision of that teacher until they are picked up by their parent/guardian from the classroom or from practice. Students wandering the halls after such activities will be subject to the same disciplinary actions listed above.