What is the YES Prep Online Scholars program and what does it seek to accomplish?
The YES Prep Online Scholars Program (YPOP) allows students in grades 9-12 to take one or more live, online classes during their regular school day schedule. These classes are taught by a YES Prep teacher who is able to teach students from multiple campuses at one time.
The YES Prep Online Scholars Program allows students to gain access to additional AP and specialty elective courses, which are not offered at their campus.
For school year 23-24, we are offering the following courses: AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Government, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Literature, Fundamentals of Computer Science, Mandarin Chinese I, and Mandarin Chinese II. All courses designated as AP provide students the opportunity to earn college credit (at no cost) based on their exam performance in May.
In addition to the knowledge students will gain from the online course(s) they take, they will also build skills in technology, communication, and self-efficacy through the live online teaching method. These skills are extremely valuable as students prepare for college and career success.
- How does this program integrate into my child’s daily schedule?
- How do I know if my student is the right fit for an online class?
- What materials does my child need to be successful in the course?
- How will I be able to see my student's progress in an online class?
- What online courses are available to my student?