ACE (Afterschool Centers on Education)
ACE (Afterschool Centers on Education) is a grant-funded program intended to serve low-income, at-risk students by providing rigorous out-of-school learning programs.
At YES Prep, the grant has provided students opportunities to practice dance, cheer, cooking, chess, robotics, TV Broadcasting, Sports Management, off season soccer, Athletic Study Hall, and much more. Through ACE, we've also offered opportunities for parents and guardians, including ESL, Parenting classes, workshops through Crime Stoppers of Houston, Cooking Classes with Houston Food Bank, and campus Thanksgiving & Cultural Heritage Potluck Reunions.
ACE Program Components
"ACE is a great way to get the kids and parents involved. Not only do those programs provide entertainment for students, they also provide skills that will help them interact with others and engage in leadership roles in the future."
Carolina Acosta, parent
"My son has been in the ACE program for the past three years. ACE has had a positive influence on his academics and his social interactions with other students. If it weren’t for ACE, we would not have the funds to place him in an after-school activity."
Laura Leija, parent
Notices, Reports and More
- Cycle 10 2018-2019 Center-Level Annual Report
- Request for Proposal ACE Independent Evaluation
- YES Prep ACE Program, Cycle 8, Year 5 Final Evaluation Report
- 2018-2019 Texas 21st CCLC Cycle 10 Grant Submitted to the TEA
- Public Notice of Intent to Apply for the 2018-2019 Texas 21st CCLC Cycle 10 Grant
- YES Prep ACE Evaluation 8_4 with appendices
- Final Report Year 3
- YES Prep Public Schools Grantee Report
- Request for Vendor Services ACE Program Brochure
- YES Prep ACE Continuation Application Public Notice for Year 5