Through the generosity of various organizations and individual donors, the YES Prep Alumni Scholarship Program provides over $300,000 in financial support to YES Prep graduates to support our alumni in being able to afford college. The scholarships help meet the gaps not covered by federal, state, or institutional financial aid.
Who can apply for a YES Prep Alumni Scholarship?Each year, current seniors can apply for YES Prep Alumni Scholarship. Each scholarship has its own qualifications, including where a student plans to go to college, high school GPA, and other factors.
YES Prep's Alumni Scholarship application, allows student to fill out one application and be considered for different scholarship opportunities.
What is the timeline to apply?For the 2022-2023 school year, the scholarship application will open on Monday, February 13, 2023, and is due February 28, 2023. Applicants will be notified if they are awarded in April.
2023-2024 Alumni Scholarships:
- The Norman Rowlinson Trust Scholarship is a four-year renewable scholarship totaling $12,500. YES Prep alumni must be enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university outside of Texas and must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA in order to renew the scholarship each year. Each year YES Prep awards sixteen (16) Rowlinson Trust Scholarships.
- The Greer and Elizabeth Pagan Scholarship is a four-year renewable scholarship award totaling $8,000. The scholarship supports YES Prep alumni who attend a college or university outside of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas or Oklahoma. All students who receive the scholarship have strong academics at YES Prep and must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to renew the scholarship each year. The Pagan family have been supporters of YES Prep since 2002. Greer Pagan is a former YES Prep Board member. Greer and his wife Elizabeth are current Advisory Council members.
- The David and Jean Wiley Scholarship is a one-time $1,000 scholarship. YES Prep alumni must be enrolled full-time at a college or university and must achieve at least a 2.5 GPA to receive spring disbursement.
- The Assistance League of Houston (ALH) and YES Prep have been partnering to provide scholarships to exceptional YES Prep students since 2008! The ALH scholarship is a one-time award. Recipients of this scholarship must attend a college or university in Texas. ALH is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization that removes barriers to education, giving students hope and inspiration for a brighter tomorrow. ALH has been serving the Houston area since 1966.
- The Crain Family Scholarship is $3,000 freshman year scholarship awarded to one student. To be eligible, you must have a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA and have a 2.5 college GPA to keep the scholarship. The student must attend and enroll full time at a 2 or 4 year college/university.
- The Pathways Scholarship is a scholarship for students interested in pursuing an associates degree or certificate pursuing a career pathway at a community or technical college. The scholarship is for $1,000, with $500 distributed in the fall and $500 distributed in the spring. If the program has a second year component, alumni have an opportunity to apply for additional funding.
- Additional scholarships include:
- Trollman Scholarship for YES Prep Southeast Secondary students
- Jenkins Family Scholarship
- AIM Foundation Scholarship
- Northside Scholarship