Parents, families, schools, and our community play a crucial role as partners in the education of every child. The Family Engagement Framework articulates our responsibility to create a sustained, strategic path forward to ensure we are serving and supporting every family who chooses YES Prep Public Schools for the education of their child. It is our deepest desire to build the capacity of families and educators to work in trusting partnership.
Through shared responsibility and a fierce commitment among YES Prep staff, families and the community, all YES Prep Public Schools will become true Partnership Schools* to promote, encourage and support the success of every child entrusted to our care.
- Families are student’s first teachers
- All families can support their child’s learning
- Trusting relationships are vital and must be developed through meaningful two-way communication
- All aspects of the campus must be a welcoming environment
- Engagement efforts should support current, future and former YES Prep Public Schools families
- Support must include the development of the whole child
- Meet families where they are and utilize a personalized approach based on their unique needs
- YES Prep’s Core Values and Strategic Priorities must guide our actions, behaviors and decisions
ENGAGE - Foster meaningful collaboration between campus staff members, families and communities to improve student learning outcomes.
EDUCATE - Share knowledge, skills and resources to equip families and educators to best support the development of the whole child.
EMPOWER - Encourage and expect families to advocate for the success of their children, their campus, and YES Prep.