Family Portal Help
The Family Portal is a user-friendly way for families to view important information -attendance, behavior, grades, etc.- and understand their student’s progress.
You can also access the Skyward Family Access Center & Hero through the Family Portal.
Navigate through the tabs on this page to view step-by-step instructions to access the Portal.
Please note that the Family Portal is not available for YES Prep Northbrook families, as these partnership campuses operate through the Spring Branch ISD student information system. In addition, the Family Portal will not be used at the elementary campuses until the 21-22 school year.
To install the YES Prep Family Portal on your iPhone or iPad, click here:
You can also follow these steps on your device:
1. On an iPhone or iPhone, open the App Store.
2. Search for "YES Prep Family Portal."
3. You should see this result. Click "Install" to download the app. After the app finishes downloading, click "Open" to view the app.
To install the YES Prep Family Portal on your Android phone or tablet, click this button:
You can also follow these steps on another device:
1. On an Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play store.
2. Search for "YES Prep Mobile App." You should find the result below.
3. Click "Install" to download the app. After the app finishes downloading, click "Open" to view the app.
If you would like to access the Family Portal on a computer or mobile device without installing the app, you can always go to https://familyportal.yesprep.org.
The Family Portal will work in most browsers, but Google Chrome is recommended.
You can log in to the YES Prep Family Portal with an account you probably already have, such as Gmail, Facebook, or Apple ID.
The only requirement is that your account must be connected to the email we have on record for you in Skyward - this ensures that your student's data remains safe and secure.
If you need to check or update the address we have on file, please contact your campus registrar.
- Log in with a social account
- Log in with a new account
- Mobile App: Enable Face ID or Fingerprint Login
- Contact Information: Campus Registrars
- Additional Help: Create an email account
- Additional Help: Internet Explorer
2. Click Login and select the account you want to use to access the portal. The Portal supports Gmail, Outlook, and Facebook accounts.
If you are using the iOS mobile app, you can click Sign in with Apple to use your Apple ID.
3. You will be taken to the login screen for the social account you selected.
If you do not have (or would prefer not to use) a Google, Outlook, or Facebook account, you can create a new account to access the Portal.
2. Click Login, and click Sign up now to create an account.
3. Complete the form to create a new account. Click Send Verification Code to verify that the email address provided belongs to you.
1. You will need to first log in to the mobile app using a new account or one of the social accounts listed above.
2. After you login to the app, if your phone has a Face ID or fingerprint login option built-in (and set up), the app will ask if you would like to use that option to sign in to the Family Portal Mobile app in the future. You will need to click Allow to let the app use this option.
Help for Apple iOs app:
Help for Android mobile app:
If you need to check or update the email address we have on file, please contact your campus registrar.
|Campus||Registrar||Campus Office Main Number|
|Brays Oaks||Desiree Avery||(713) 967-8400|
|East End||Sonya Martinez||(713) 967-7800|
|Eisenhower||Aby Godoy||(713) 967-8619|
|Fifth Ward||Cecilia Castillo||(713) 924-0600|
|Gulfton||Gloria Vaquera||(713) 967-9800|
|Hobby||Candy Rocha||(713) 842-5600|
|North Central||Celia Morales||(713) 967-8800|
|North Forest||Antonia Salto||(713) 967-8699|
|Northline||Demetria Thomas||(713) 842-5400|
|Northside||Kanika Kelly||(713) 924-0400|
|Northwest||Carolina Estrada||713 -842-5510|
|Southwest||Juanita Rodriquez||(713) 842-5510|
|West||Vanessa Farris||(713) 967-8200|
|White Oak||Nancy Cervantes||(713) 924-5200|
If you do not have an email account at all, you will need to create one and have your Campus Registrar save it in Skyward before you can use the Family Portal.
We recommend creating a free account with Gmail or Outlook. Both of these services are well-respected and easy to use.
1. Open an Internet Explorer browser window, and click the gear icon in the top-right corner.
2. Select "Internet options" from the menu.
3. Open the "Security tab of the pop-up, and select "Sites."
Please note: These instructions are for users who have created a new account to access the Family Portal.
If you use a social account to login, you will need to reset your password with Gmail, Facebook, or Outlook directly.
1. On the Login screen, find Sign in with your existing account.
2. To reset a forgotten password, click on the blue button that says Forgot your password?
3. Enter the email address you use to sign in to the Family Portal, and click on Send verification code.
4. Enter the verification code you receive in your email. You will then be allowed to create a new password.