Say YES to Opportunities!
YES Prep Public Schools is proving that different outcomes are possible when Houston communities are given access to high-quality educational opportunities. We are a tuition-free, public charter school system that has no admission requirements, serving grades pre-K - 4th and 6th - 12th. Are you ready to say YES?
Mark your calendar! The application for the 2022-23 school year opens on October 29, 2022.
YES Prep Northbrook Middle School and YES Prep Northbrook High School, our schools in partnership with Spring Branch Independent School District, run a separate lottery. To apply online for YES Prep Northbrook campuses, click the button below.
Our Application Process
October 29-February 11
We strongly encourage parents to apply during this timeframe to allow your child to have the best chance to attend YES Prep!
All applications that are submitted after February 11 will be automatically waitlisted
Applicants are selected at random for admission to YES Prep.
Families receive notice if they have been accepted to or waitlisted for YES Prep.
If accepted, families will begin the registration process.
Want to learn what yes prep can mean for your family or need help applying?
We would be happy to help you! Please complete our Contact Form and a YES Prep team member will reach out with additional information.
- How does the YES Prep lottery work?
- When does the YES Prep lottery season begin and when does it end?
- When will the YES Prep lottery be run?
- How and when will I find out the YES Prep lottery results?
- Will I receive notification even if my child didn’t get in?
- Does it help my chances if I apply multiple times to the same school?
- Does it cost money to attend YES Prep?
- Does YES Prep provide transportation for students?
- What YES Prep campus should I list on my application as secondary choices?
- My student already attends YES Prep. Do I have to reapply each year?
- I have a child already attending YES Prep and I want to enroll their sibling. As a parent, do I have to submit an application for the sibling of my current YES Prep student?