YES Prep Public Schools participates in community events to explain the admissions policies and lottery procedures to the public. Events are held either at a community-based location or on a YES Prep campus site. Events are sponsored either by YES Prep Public Schools or by an outside agency, such as Families Empowered. Families also receive information by calling the schools, visiting the campus websites, calling the central office, or visiting the district’s website.
Procedures Related to the Lottery
Parents and/or legal guardians can submit their child’s information for consideration to the YES Prep lottery by creating an account and completing the online application on their own, or by contacting a YES Prep campus for help submitting an application.
The following information must be supplied by applicants via the application process.
*Note: Student ID Number, Social Security Number, TX student ID number, and optional information may not apply to all applicants
|Student Information||Student Identification||Primary Guardian Information||Optional Information|
- Online applications for the 2024-2025 school year will become available Friday, October 14, 2023 and will remain open through the open enrollment period. This period will close on Sunday, February 18, 2024
- Applications submitted after February 18, 2024 will be accepted but will be automatically waitlisted in the order they are received in
- Our enrollment lottery will run over a period of two days Tuesday, February 20 - Wednesday, February 21, 2024
- Families can expect to receive notifications of their status on Thursday, February 22, 2024
- Seat acceptance deadline for all offers is Friday, March 22, 2024
- Pre-k Round-Up will also take place in early April
Students currently enrolled at a YES Prep campus do not need to submit an enrollment application. Returning students must complete a re-enrollment packet to be re-enrolled in the subsequent school year.
When the lottery application submission period closes, applications are put into a randomized order and selected by random for admission to YES Prep. Within this process lies a set of prioritization levels that affect the randomized list:
- Children of eligible YES Prep employees (“Employee Priority”)
- Eligible sibling applicants who do not have an active YES Prep expulsion on their school record (“Sibling Priority”). Sibling applicants are defined as applicants that share at least one biological parent or one legal guardian with a current YES Prep student
- Applicants who reside in the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they are applying to ("Primary Zone Applicants")
- Applicants who reside outside the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to but within the YES Prep district zone ("Secondary Zone Applicants")
- Applicants who reside outside the YES Prep district zone
Procedures after the Lottery
After conducting the lottery, all applicants receive a status of Offered or Waitlisted. Applicants learn about their application status by logging into their SchoolMint Enroll Account. Applicants who receive an offer from YES Prep MUST accept or decline the offer online by Friday, March 22, 2024.
- Waitlist Procedure - If your child is not selected in the lottery process or you apply after the deadline, your child will be placed on a waitlist that follows the prioritization order stated above. If and when seats become available, the campus will contact families in the ordered sequence from the waitlist. If your child is next on the waitlist, you will receive a notification to offer your child the available seat.
- Transfer Procedure - If your child is accepted to a YES Prep campus and wants to transfer to a different YES school, please contact your current YES Prep campus registrar for more information.
Each YES Prep Public Schools campus has a primary zone where transportation is provided to students for that campus. When you fill out the application, the system will notify you of your primary zone and which YES Prep campus provides transportation to your area. Transportation is provided to students who live more than 2 miles away from their primary-zoned campus. If you do not live in the primary zone of any campus, please contact your new school for more information.
YES Prep Public Schools does not and will not discriminate in admissions based on gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, academic, artistic, or athletic ability, or the district the child would otherwise attend.