YES Prep Public Schools participates in community events to explain the admissions policies and lottery procedures to the public. Events are held either at a community-based location or on a YES Prep campus site. Events are sponsored either by YES Prep Public Schools or by an outside agency, such as Families Empowered. Families also receive information by calling the schools, visiting the campus websites, calling the central office, or visiting the district’s website.
Procedures Related to the Lottery
Parents and/or legal guardians can submit their child’s information for consideration to the YES Prep lottery by creating an account and completing the online application on their own, or by contacting a YES Prep campus for help submitting an application.
The following information must be supplied by applicants via the application process.
*Note: Student Middle Name, Student ID Number may not apply to all applicants
|Required Applicant Information||Voluntary Student Information||Required Parent/Guardian Information|
- Online applications become available November 2, 2020 and the application period closes February 12, 2021
- Applications submitted after February 12 will be accepted but will be automatically waitlisted
- Lottery is run February 26, 2021
- Notification will be available to families online on March 5, 2021
- Confirmation of Enrollment is due on March 31, 2021
- Welcome to YES Prep events are held at each campus in April
- Space is held for returning yet no-show students until the last Friday in August
Students who are currently enrolled at a YES Prep campus do not need to submit an application for the following school year. Returning students will need to complete a re-enrollment packet in order to be re-enrolled into the subsequent school year.
When the lottery application submission period closes, applications are put into a randomized order and selected by random for admission to YES Prep. Within this process lies a set of prioritization levels that affect the randomized list:
- Children of eligible YES Prep employees (“Employee Priority”)
- Eligible sibling applicants, who do not have an active YES Prep expulsion on their school record (“Sibling Priority”). Sibling applicants are defined as applicants that share at least one biological parent or one legal guardian with a current YES Prep student
- Applicants who reside in the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they are applying to ("Primary Zone Applicants")
- Applicants who reside outside the priority zone for the YES Prep campus they're applying to but within the YES Prep district zone ("Secondary Zone Applicants")
- Applicants who reside outside the YES Prep district zone
Procedures after the Lottery
After conducting the lottery, all applicants receive a status of Offered or Waitlisted. Applicants learn about their application status by logging into their SchoolMint Account. Applicants who receive an offer from YES Prep MUST confirm or decline the offer online by March 31, 2021.
- Waitlist Procedure - If your child is not selected in the lottery process or you apply after the deadline, your child will be placed on a waitlist that follows the prioritization order stated above. If and when seats become available, the campus will contact families in the ordered sequence from the waitlist. If your child is next on the waitlist, you will receive notification to offer your child the available seat.
- Transfer Procedure - If your child does receive acceptance to a YES Prep campus, and you would like to transfer them to a different YES Prep campus, please contact the campus registrar where your child was accepted. Transfer approval is based on seat availability at the campus you are hoping to move your child to.
Each YES Prep Public Schools campus has a primary zone where transportation is provided to students for that campus. When you fill out the application, the system will notify you of your primary zone, and which YES Prep campus provides transportation to your area. Transportation is provided to students who live more than 2 miles away from their primary-zoned campus. If you do not live in the primary zone of any campus, transportation will not be available to your child.
YES Prep Public Schools does not and will not discriminate in admissions based on gender, national origin, ethnicity, religion, disability, academic, artistic, or athletic ability, or the district the child would otherwise attend.