YES Prep is a public charter school system with 21 campuses across Houston. We serve grade-school students and focus on preparing students for success in college.
As a public school, we provide the same array of services that traditional public schools offer, including special education, ELL services, athletics, and a free/reduced lunch program. We also participate in the same state testing, including STAAR and End of Course exams.
We are an open-enrollment school system and there are no application requirements to attend one of our schools. We accept students each year through a random lottery that opens each November.
YES Prep provides free transportation at all of our campuses.
Click here to learn more about our student lottery and apply.
What makes YES Prep different?
What makes YES Prep different is that everything we do is designed to support our mission of preparing our students to be successful in college.
- Our school day is longer than that of most neighborhood schools in Houston, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on average.
- All middle school students receive extra instructional time in math and reading every day.
- Students participate in class trips to visit colleges across Texas and the nation from sixth through twelfth grades.
- Each student receives individualized college counseling in high school and continuous instruction throughout their career at YES Prep in the nonacademic skills necessary for success in college.
- YES Prep emphasizes community service and participation in a variety of summer and after school opportunities to allow our students to develop into well-rounded future leaders.
Our student's hard work is paying off. Click below to see their results.