We recognize that this will still be an uncommon school year, but we remain committed to supporting your student’s learning, as well as his or her safety.
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, we are taking steps -based on CDC guidelines, our families and schools can follow to significantly reduce the risks to students, teachers, staff and their families. To view the full guidance for COVID-19 prevention in K-12 schools by the CDC, click here.
The dashboard below shows test-confirmed new cases of COVID-19 at YES Prep campuses since the start of school by day and week.
We can do our best to prevent the spread of germs and illness by taking three key steps:
- If you can, get vaccinated. The vaccinations available have been proven to be highly effective against many strands and even if infected, are effective in preventing serious illness.
- Prioritize hand washing. Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is unavailable.
- Stay home when sick or when displaying symptoms that may be related to an illness.
At YES Prep, we believe that we will be most successful in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 when we work together as a community. Before sending your student to school, please conduct an at-home family health screening each day to ensure that your student, and all YES Prep community members, stay safe and COVID-free.
Click on images below to download and print a copy for your home.
Outlined below are the procedures, based on CDC guidance, our schools will have in place to prevent or mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to respond if a positive case is identified.
- Masks - While mask mandates are prohibited in Texas schools, Harris County Officials are urging everyone to wear face coverings while indoors or while in proximity closer than three feet where possible. At YES Prep we highly encourage the use of masks in all schools and facilities, whether individuals are vaccinated or not, to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Social distancing - All students and staff are instructed to social distance at least three feet whenever possible.
- Handwashing and sanitizers - We will prioritize hand washing and will have hand sanitizer available throughout schools and facilities.
- Facilities cleaning - YES Prep schools will be cleaned on a regular schedule, giving special attention to high traffic and frequently touched surfaces.
- Access to COVID-19 vaccines and testing - We will continue offering students on-campus vaccines, COVID testing and other healthcare and mental health support through Legacy Community Health and other partners. Additionally, those 12 and older wishing to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and rapid testing at no cost, may also find convenient locations at vaccines.gov. The vaccinations available have been proven to be highly effective against many strands and even if infected, are effective in preventing serious illness.
We know this virus brings many challenges, but our staff is ready and steadfast on our commitment to serve students in the safest way possible. We will continue to be responsive and communicate any changes to our health and safety protocols.