Given our new normal, we remain committed to supporting your student’s learning, as well as his or her safety.
While it is not possible to eliminate all risk of furthering the spread of COVID-19, we are taking steps -based on CDC guidelines, our families and schools can follow to significantly reduce the risks to students, teachers, staff and their families. To view the full guidance for COVID-19 prevention in K-12 schools by the CDC, click here.
We can do our best to prevent the spread of germs and illness by taking three key steps:
- If you can, get vaccinated. The vaccinations available have been proven to be highly effective against many strands and even if infected, are effective in preventing serious illness.
- Prioritize hand washing. Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is unavailable.
- Stay home when sick or when displaying symptoms that may be related to an illness.
At YES Prep, we believe that we will be most successful in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 when we work together as a community. Before sending your student to school, please conduct an at-home family health screening each day to ensure that your student, and all YES Prep community members, stay safe and COVID-free.
Click on images below to download and print a copy for your home.
Outlined below are the procedures, based on CDC guidance, our schools will have in place to prevent or mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to respond if a positive case is identified.
- Masks - While masks are optional, we highly encourage students, staff and visitors to make an educated choice to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The current variant is highly contagious and discretion should be used, specifically indoors and within close proximity to others.
- Social distancing - All students and staff are instructed to social distance at least three feet whenever possible.
- Handwashing and sanitizers - We will prioritize hand washing and will have hand sanitizer available throughout schools and facilities.
- Facilities cleaning - YES Prep schools will be cleaned on a regular schedule, giving special attention to high traffic and frequently touched surfaces.
- Access to COVID-19 vaccines and testing - We will continue offering students on-campus vaccines, COVID testing and other healthcare and mental health support through Legacy Community Health and other partners. Additionally, those 12 and older wishing to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and rapid testing at no cost, may also find convenient locations at vaccines.gov. The vaccinations available have been proven to be highly effective against many strands and even if infected, are effective in preventing serious illness.
If you learn that your child has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify your campus as soon as possible. Confirmed individuals should quarantine for 5 days regardless of being symptomatic or not.
We know this virus brings many challenges, but our staff is ready and steadfast on our commitment to serve students in the safest way possible. We will continue to be responsive and communicate any changes to our health and safety protocols.