Make a Difference at YES Prep
YES Prep empowers all Houston students to succeed in college and to embrace lives of opportunity.
YES Prep is more than a family of public charter schools, it's the future of public education. Our campuses are advancing educational equity, leveling the playing field by providing opportunities for a high-quality, college-forward curriculum while also ensuring our students feel supported through their academic journey and empowered to lead choice-filled lives.
We seek staff with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas. Certain traits consistently shine through for most successful employees: a passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility.
Interested in opportunities to join our team?
Say YES to New Opportunities
Now Accepting Teacher Applications for the 2023-2024 School Year
At YES Prep, we strive to be the employer of choice for extraordinary talent. Our mission is to empower all Houston students to succeed in college and to pursue lives of opportunity. At YES Prep, you’ll work in a collaborative environment that focuses on doing what’s best for kids. We’ve created a model where every role, both instructional and non-instructional, plays a part in educating our students and making a difference in their lives.
Top 5 reasons to join the YES Prep team
1. We are mission driven. YES Prep Public schools empowers all Houston students to succeed in college and to pursue lives of opportunity. We believe in EVERY child and their capacity to learn, grow, and achieve their dreams.
2. We are the highest performing public-school system in Houston. 97% of YES Prep students attend A or B rated schools, and we are the only public school district that does not have a D or F school. For students in low-income and underserved communities, YES Prep staff members are committed to providing access to academic and social opportunities that otherwise would not exist.
3. We believe people are the source of our strength. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional talent through unparalleled professional growth opportunities. YES Prep works hard to develop our teachers as leaders in their classrooms, on their campuses, or across the system.
4. We embrace and protect diversity to advance equity and social justice.
5. We offer competitive starting salaries and comprehensive benefits packages. At YES Prep, we strive to create compensation practices that recruit, reward, and retain staff who can achieve jaw-dropping results.
17 Secondary + 6 Elementaries
2,100 Staff Members
93% of Staff feel that they do what they do best everyday
This is Your Opportunity
Great schools begin with great people who believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference. At YES Prep, you have an opportunity to join a family of diverse educators, to advance educational equity, to support student success through college-forward curricula and a commitment to social justice. YES Prep is more than a family of public charter schools, it’s the future of public education—it’s an opportunity to say, “Yes, you can!”
Our staff enables us to drive our mission further every day, which is why we strive to offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package and ample opportunities for professional development.
YES Prep Schools
YES Prep has 23 elementary and secondary campuses across Houston, and will serve 23,000 students by 2024.
Salary & Benefits
YES Prep invests significant time, money, and resources to ensure that we are one of the best places to work in Houston.
Learn more about certification and our in-house ACP for current and prospective teachers.
Answers to your questions regarding anything from the application process to YES Prep academic programming.
I have many friends in education and I feel what sets YES Prep apart from many districts are the many opportunities it provides. YES invests a lot into growing their teachers.
- D'Juan Hych, 7th grade ELA teacher
I love my job because I empower our students and families to overcome systemic barriers by providing/connecting them to a variety of counseling and community services. I love all of my East End familia!
- Rebecca Martinez, Student Support Counselor