YES Prep Public Schools is recruiting bilingual teachers and other degreed professionals to fill teacher vacancies in Houston schools for the 2024-2025 school year.
Are you a teacher in Puerto Rico searching for a teaching opportunity in Houston, TX? Connect with a recruiter today! Recruitment specialists will provide information to potential candidates about the benefits of teaching with YES Prep. In addition to salary and employment details, information shared will include the benefits of living in Houston, one of the nation’s leading metropolitan areas with an affordable cost of living, a thriving arts community, major national companies , and a strong economy.
Great schools begin with great people who believe every day is an opportunity to make a difference. At YES Prep, you have an opportunity to join a family of diverse educators, to advance educational equity, to support student success through college-forward curricula and a commitment to social justice. YES Prep is more than a family of public charter schools, it’s the future of public education, it’s an opportunity to say, “Yes, you can!”
Join us to learn how you can become a teacher in Texas at YES Prep.
$60,000 - $77,500
- Sign-on bonuses available for qualifying candidates.
$1,000 Certified or experienced English Teacher
$1,000 Certified or experienced Math Teacher.
Bilingual Teacher & Special Education Teacher
Stipend available for qualifying candidates
- $3,000 Certified SPED Teachers
$4,000 Certified Bilingual Teachers
UP TO $2,500 IN RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
Sign-on bonuses available for qualifying candidates.
$1,000 Certified SPED Teachers
$1,000 Certified Bilingual Teachers
September 29, 2023
- Attend an information session with YES Prep
- Prepare and study for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test
October - November 6, 2023
- Submit an application by November 6, 2023.
November 13-16, 2023
- Participate in a one-on-one interview in English
- Teach a sample lesson in English
December 16, 2023
- Attended an information session with YES Prep Public Schools.
- Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test
March 15, 2024
Must submit TOEFL scores by March 15.
June 17, 2024
- Deadline to move to Houston, Texas
Bring the following to the interview:
- Current Resume
- All Transcripts
- Certification Information
- TOEFL Scores, if available
- Sample Lesson Plan
- A sample lesson to teach during the interview