Teach at YES Prep
YES Prep needs a dynamic and diverse teaching force to make our mission a reality. As a YES Prep teacher, you will achieve jaw-dropping results, create pathways to opportunity for our students, build transformative relationships, and eliminate educational inequities to advance social justice. Join YES Prep in our movement to close the opportunity gap through high-quality education in Houston.
- Developing rigorous lessons in your specific content area in order to prepare your students for college and beyond while bridging gaps for marginalized communities
- Setting ambitious goals with your students and working alongside them to encourage and ensure they achieve those goals through frequent and consistent feedback
- Persisting in the face of challenges, learning from mistakes, and setting a strong example of character for your students
- Growing professionally in your craft of teaching by both receiving and giving feedback on a consistent basis
- Building meaningful and long-lasting relationships with students, colleagues, and families
- Working on a team of teachers and leaders to provide consistency, support, and accountability to all students
At YES Prep, we seek teachers with diverse backgrounds, talents, interests, and ideas to meet the needs of our growing body of students. Certain traits consistently shine through our most successful teachers: passion for the mission, drive for results, care for students, resilience, and humility.
As a teacher at YES Prep, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- The state requires that teachers have degrees, and we ‘don’t mess with Texas!'
There are several acceptable ways to meet the requirement, but to snag this role you have to do one of the following:
- Hold a valid, standard Texas teaching certification
- Hold a valid teacher certification in another state/country
- Enroll in a state-accredited Alternative Certification Program pursuing a certification
- Gain admission into Teaching Excellence Alternative Certification Program at YES Prep
At YES Prep, you will have the opportunity to prepare your students for college graduation every day. And to help make sure you can, YES Prep is committed to developing each member of our team into the dynamic, high-achieving leader our students and schools need.
Development at every step and for every stage.
Whether you are brand new to teaching, have been in schools for years, or are a central office team member, YES Prep offers consistent development differentiated to your needs. Click here to browse our current openings and find out more about Teaching Excellence, our new teacher development and certification program.
We are a swiftly growing and changing organization and have found that our most impactful leaders are those we grow from within. Because of this, we have developed the Leading Excellence Program to grow our next generation of YES Prep leaders. What is distinctive about our program is that it does not focus solely on school leadership. We know that we have a diverse group of future leaders, so no matter what role you are in or where you are in your career, if you aspire to lead, we are committed to providing you the development to become a strong leader. Read more about our leadership opportunities here.
A salary worthy of your impact.
Our commitment to college completion means that we must keep our most talented teacher leaders in the classroom. To this end, we have developed a system that aligns teacher salaries to their performance in the classroom, not to their years of experience. It provides a means by which each teacher can enjoy both recognition and reward for the time they spend working directly with students. Learn more about our Teacher Continuum. Click here for our 2019-2020 salary schedule.
Join Our Team
We're looking for passionate, qualified candidates to join our team