We believe that a large part of our strength as an organization comes from having unparalleled talent in the classroom. We believe that teaching is a craft that is improved upon over time, and we have created our evaluation and compensation system to emphasize this belief. Teachers starting at YES Prep begin either as First Year (new to teaching) or New to Blue (experienced teachers new to YES Prep).
The 2023–2024 starting salary for first year teachers is $60,000.
In addition to a strong base salary, YES Prep offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health and Supplemental Insurance – A $5.00 medical option that includes $600 towards a Health Savings Account, in addition to a variety of supplemental benefits including Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.
- Retirement Plans – Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas and a 457b Retirement Plan.
- Paid Time Off – 10 days of Paid Time Off in addition to the system closures of our Academic Calendar.
- Paid Leave Programming – In the event you need to be out due to medical needs (including Paternal leave), YES Prep offers a paid leave programming based on consecutive tenure and leave type.
- Professional Development - YES Prep values longevity and performance over time. We invest in developing leaders through high-quality programs, effective coaching, and ongoing professional development.
- Award Winning Culture – The strong cultures of our campuses and Home Office are just one of many reasons we were named Houston’s Best Place to work in 2018 and 2019. We won the 2012 Broad Prize for Excellence in Urban Education and were a 2016 finalist as well.
Join Our Team
We're looking for passionate, qualified candidates to join our team