Tech Teach Across Texas
While in the program, TCs take most of their classes online with professors in Lubbock. The Orientation, Introduction to Teaching, and Student Teaching courses are taught in a face-to-face setting in a classroom at YES Prep Southside Elementary. TCs are placed in a YES Prep campus where they complete their year-long hands-on clinical experience.
Upon successful completion of program requirements and graduation from Texas Tech University, teacher candidates become YES Prep teachers.
Application Process and Deadlines
Application deadline is Sunday, May 14, 2023 for the July 2023 cohort.
- Contact the site coordinator, Dr. Krista Varnado at Krista.Varnado@yesprep.org to schedule an information session
- Submit unofficial high school and college transcripts to the Texas Tech advisor, Mrs. Yvonne Khan at Yvnonne.Khan@ttu.edu
- Pass site coordinator interview
- Apply as a transfer student to Texas Tech in ApplyTexas.org
- Completed Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree or Associate of Arts (AA)/Associate of Science (AS) plus the required AAT coursework
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- 66 transferable hours
- Meet foreign language requirements (two years in high school or two semesters in college)
- Pass a site coordinator interview
- Apply and be accepted to Texas Tech University as a transfer student
Health and supplemental insurance
Nationally recognized educator preparation program
- Certification Options:
EC-6 Special Education
ML Math (4th-8th) with or without a coaching pathway
ML ELAR (4th-8th) with or without a coaching pathway
Approximate cost of the program: $20,000
Study abroad opportunity in Costa Rica at the end of the program