Why YES Prep
At YES Prep, we strive to be the employer of choice for extraordinary talent. Our mission is to increase the number of students from underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to lead. At YES Prep, you’ll work in a collaborative environment that focuses on doing what’s best for kids. We’ve created a model where every role both instructional and non-instructional plays a part in educating our students and making a difference in their lives.
Top 5 reasons to join the YES Prep team
1. We are mission driven. YES Prep Public schools will increase the number of students from underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to lead. We believe in EVERY child and their capacity to learn, grow, and achieve their dreams.
2. We are the highest performing public-school system in Houston. 97% of YES Prep students attend A or B rated schools, and we are the only public school district that does not have a D or F school. For students in low-income and underserved communities, YES Prep staff members are committed to providing access to academic and social opportunities that otherwise would not exist.
3. We believe people are the source of our strength. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional talent through unparalleled professional growth opportunities. YES Prep works hard to develop our teachers as leaders in their classrooms, on their campuses, or across the system.
4. We embrace and protect diversity to advance equity and social justice. YES Prep hosts affinity summits, opportunities for students to develop pride in their identities and build relationships within the communities in which they identify. Additionally, YES Prep offers a professional learning series to equip staff members with skills to have conversations about race and bias.
5. We offer competitive starting salaries and comprehensive benefits packages. At YES Prep, we strive to create compensation practices that recruit, reward, and retain staff who can achieve jaw-dropping results. Our staff compensation structures, policies, and practices are driven by our desire to ensure that strong teachers are staying in the classroom; we recognizing, rewarding, and retaining our top performers; and the belief that compensation should center on equity and fairness.
Join Our Team
We're looking for passionate, qualified candidates to join our team