Why YES Prep
What if we told you that in less than an hour you could apply somewhere that could improve your career? Would you take the opportunity?
What if we told you that working with passionate educational leaders that are uncompromising in their fight for every student to receive access to a quality education could change your life? Would you do it?
What if we told you that we have the keys to that opportunity... and all you need to do is say YES?
Apply at YES. Begin/shift your career.
Work at YES. Change your life.
Teach at YES. Change the lives of students.
Isn’t it time you said "YES?"
Say yes to YES Prep.
Join Our Team
We're looking for passionate, qualified candidates to join our team
At YES Prep, we strive to be the employer of choice for extraordinary talent. Our mission is to increase the number of students from underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to lead. At YES Prep, you’ll work in a collaborative environment that focuses on doing what’s best for kids. We’ve created a model where every role both instructional and non-instructional plays a part in educating our students and making a difference in their lives.
Top 10 reasons to join the YES Prep team
1. We are a top choice for Houston families. We are striving to be the school of choice for families across Houston. With a waitlist over 2,000, we are excited to serve more communities as we grow. We opened our 19th campus in the Fall of 2019 and will be opening two brand new elementary schools in the Fall 2020, offering a comprehensive education model for our students.
2. We are a public-school system Leading Houston Forward. For students in low-income and underserved communities, YES Prep is committed to providing access to academic and social opportunities that otherwise would not exist.
3. We have 19 campuses serving over 14K students, including 4 partnership schools with surrounding ISDs, that are transforming Houston and challenging what it means to educate All students. Additionally, we continue to grow within Houston to serve even more students.
4. We are mission driven. YES Prep Public schools will increase the number of students from underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to lead. We believe in EVERY child and their capacity to learn, grow, and achieve their dreams.
5. We believe people are the source of our strength. We are committed to attracting and retaining exceptional talent through unparalleled professional growth opportunities.
6. We embrace and protect diversity to advance equity and social justice. YES Prep hosts affinity summits, opportunities for students to develop pride in their identities and build relationships within the communities in which they identify. Additionally, YES Prep offers a professional learning series to equip staff members with skills to have conversations about race and bias.
7. We have an in-house teacher development and certification program. Teaching Excellence is one of the premiere teacher development programs in the country and one of the highest ranked in State of Texas, ensuring all teachers new to YES Prep receive transformational support.
8. We reward excellence. At YES Prep, we strive to create compensation practices that recruit, reward, and retain staff who can achieve jaw-dropping results. Our staff compensation structures, policies, and practices are driven by three shared beliefs:
- We want to ensure that teachers are staying in the classroom and compensated for it
- We want to reward and retain our strongest performers
- We value fairness and equity in how compensation is assessed
YES Prep offers a competitive starting salary and we offer a salary match for experienced teachers within the State of Texas.
9. We offer leadership opportunities. YES Prep has its very own leadership development program, Leading Excellence, for emerging leaders . At YES Prep there are many opportunities for leadership in the classroom and beyond. We are committed to developing our teachers as leaders in their classrooms, on their campuses, or across the system. You don’t have to leave the classroom to be a leader.
10. We have been recognized for being the “Most Outstanding Charter School in the Nation” by the Broad Foundation (2012) and we are looking for the most outstanding talent to join our mission today!