As the new year gets underway, we’re excited to create pathways to opportunity for all students. High expectations, accountability and transparency reinforce our efforts to provide a college-ready education for all students.
Earlier this week, the Texas Education Agency (TEA) released its annual school accountability ratings based on 2021 – 2022 data that measures Student Achievement, Academic Growth, Closing the Achievement Gap, College Preparedness and other student success indicators.
We are pleased to announce that YES Prep received an overall “B” (87) in the state’s ratings. This effort is due to the incredible hard work of our students and staff. As we all know, the pandemic exacerbated challenges for our students and families, but our students and staff continue to prove what’s possible with equitable access to a high-quality public education.
Other highlights of note:
- 15 out of 17 eligible YES Prep campuses received an “A” or a “B” rating
- North Central Secondary & West Secondary received distinctions for “Academic Achievements in Science”
- Northwest Secondary received a distinction for “Academic Achievement in Social Studies”
- Southeast Elementary, Southwest Secondary, Northwest Secondary, and our partnership with Northbrook Middle School received a distinction for “Postsecondary Readiness”
- Southeast Elementary received a distinction in “Top 25%: Comparative Closing the Gaps” as well as receiving an “A” school rating
We’re proud of our results given the challenges during the pandemic. Our work, however, is far from done. We are working diligently to continue to close gaps and provide YES Prep students a school experience filled with opportunity. We are on our way to becoming an “A” district. Our students deserve no less.