The YES Prep community experienced an incredibly frightening day on Friday, October 1, 2021 at YES Prep Southwest Secondary. This shocking incident is one that no student, parent or educator should ever have to cope with on their own. We have counselors standing by to help anyone needing support over the weekend, next week, and through the school year, and our caring staff will be ready to welcome students upon their return to school on Monday, October 11, 2021.
Southwest Virtual Family Forum
Support for our students
There are counselors ready to follow up with students needing support. Please reach out if needed by using the form below:
Resources for our families
The Southwest incident may still be evoking many emotions, below are resources for our families on how to discuss these feelings together at home.
- Talking to your child about a school shooting (English / Spanish)
- Talking to children about attacks and shootings
- Age-related reactions to a traumatic event (English / Spanish)
- Helping your child after a school shooting
- Managing your distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Going back to school after a tragedy (English / Spanish)